Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secretary phones

Good day all,

I'm working with Cisco 8851NR for our secretary phones. I am in the process of setting up 8851 for some of our secretaries that have to answer multiple lines. 

The issue is, i need the calls directed for the boss's to instead ring to the secretary. I've tried pickup groups, that will work however the problem is it alerts and notifies everyone in the group a call is coming through. Is there a way to just notify the secretary the boss is receiving a call?

for context this secretary must be able to answer calls for about 20 people, and i don't need each department head being notified another department is receiving another call. you can see that will get annoying pretty quick. I'm sure there is a way to accomplish this however i am lacking in knowledge in this department.

1 Reply 1

If you want the calls for the manager/boss to ring on the assistant/secretary you can set call forward all on the manager/boss directory number(s) and set the destination to the assistant/secretary directory number(s). For the assistant/secretary to be able to send calls back to the manager/boss you’ll need to change a service parameter to allow for the call to be returned. I’m not in front of a CM at the moment so I can’t check the name of the parameter, but with a minimal of effort it should be possible for you to find it.

Response Signature