cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure media transcode unsporting command on ISR 4331 with [dspfarm profile 1 transcode universal security]

eric.guo8711
Level 1
Level 1

I am doing a task that to replace the old Cisco route voice gateway ISR3900 to the new ISR4331 device and find there is some command that cannot be supported as below.

Old configuration on ISR3900:

dspfarm profile 20 transcode universal security
trustpoint VG-ca-signed
codec g729abr8
codec g729ar8
codec g711alaw
codec g711ulaw
codec g729r8
tls-version v1.2
maximum sessions 40
associate application SCCP

Once I try to copy the old configuration to the new ISR4331.

There is no [security] command after [dspfarm profile 20 transcode universal], and meanwhile, I cannot type the [trustpoint VG-ca-signed] under the mode.

cisco case.png

I just suspect the ISR4331 is not supporting the SCCP media secure transcode? If so. Is there any mothed to secure the media transcode?

And some other commands cannot type from old ISR3900 configuration to new ISR 4K as below.

policy-map COPP-DROP-UDP
class DROP-UDP
drop

On the 4K, the drop cannot be input.

scheduler allocate 20000 1000

On the 4K, the command does not exist.

cisco2.png

1 Reply 1

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I would definitely review the ISR 4k - and IOS-XE documentation for any commands you had on the previous ISR-G2's.

Regarding the Secure RTP / transcoding - I looked back at the CUBE documentation, and if I am not mistaken, it seems utilizing the CUBE (LTI) application over the SCCP application association is the only way to enforce a secure transport.

See here for config example.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/cube-book_chapter_0111111.html