cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending DTMF Automatically After Call Connect

CallMePeat
Level 1
Level 1

I have a strange request and I am wondering if anyone has ever solved this question.

I am 3 zone paging set up ATA to TAMB2 to ZPM-3.  This site was recently and Avaya site and the paging was Paging Port to ZPM-3 and the Avaya paging port had the ability to send the zone code to the ZPM-3 after the call was connected based on the ext that the user dialed.  3 numbers, one port and the users did not need to indicate the zone they were calling.

Has anyone ever tacked something like this?  Got any thoughts

(On a side note, this is another one of those odd users issues.  It is too complicated for them to remember the zone numbers when they call the paging number (as I have it configured now) instead they have no problem remember the 3 different extensions they had to dial before)

9 Replies 9

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

So I have never done this with an FXS, I have always done it with an FXO.  I would have a route pattern that would strip pre dot everything else was sent so your zone number could be the last 2 or last 1 digit of the extension.  I am pretty sure the tamb2 can be FXO connected.  I have done this more times than I can count at this point.

I have done it with FXS so you should be good to go, let us know how you make out.

Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.

Jonathon once the FXS picks up you can send DTMF are you saying there is a way to collect the DTMF digits as part of the Extension and send it. Can you elaborate?

Hey guys, thanks for your help on this. After reading both replies I have been looking into what I could do and I am having some confusion with the application. I, like Gregory, can not see a way to send the DTMF automatically after the connect. I would love to know how you do that.
@gregory are you using an FXO port off of a router? I am not sure how the TAMB2 will handle that but I am going to grab one and test. My assumption is that you just dial peer out that port and send only the last 2. I think this would work well for me if I can get the TAMB2 to play along. I could use 3 different exts then run them through a translation rule to make them what he ZPM-3 needs to hear (0, *1 or *2). Then use a dial peer to forward those out the FXO. Is that in line with your thoughts? I think I will have a timing issue because the TAMB2 needs to answer the call and open the paging port before the digits come but I might be able to work that out.

So last time I did this it was MGCP (I know sad face). yes it was FXO off the router but I did have it working for SRST ie srst or h.323 as well.  But yeah you can easily do it in the dial peer as well.

You could also just do a predot I believe and add the DTMF digits as a transform to the called party. (0, *1 or *2).

@Gregory Brunn wrote:

Jonathon once the FXS picks up you can send DTMF are you saying there is a way to collect the DTMF digits as part of the Extension and send it. Can you elaborate?

Actually I misread this thread......after looking again I don't think an FXS will do what is needed, FXO is necessary.

Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.

Just to put a cap on this, here is what I will try.  It wont be for a week or 2 but I will post here on how it works out.  

BTW: If anyone reading this see something I missed or that I am not anyway near as smart as I think I am (that is what the wife says), Please let me know.

• Set up the 3 numbers on CUCM and route them to the gateway
  • Set up and inbound translation rule on the incoming VOIP dial peer to edit the number to the zone codes
    • rule 1 /1000/ /0/
    • rule 2 /2000/ /*1/
    • rule 3 /3000/ /*2/
  • Set up 3 dial peers to match the zone patterns and port them to a single FXO port
  • Connect the FXO port to a TAMB2 set us for a Loop Start Trunk connect instead of a Station connect
    (NOTE: I am not really sure that I need the TAMB2 here.  Maybe the ZPM-3 can connect the Trunk without it.)
  • Connect the TAMB2 to the T & R on the ZPM-3
  • When current starts the gateway will send the dialed digits (just like sending a call out POTS to the telco :)
  • CallMePeat wins a MacArthur Genius Grant for being so innovative! (and he shares the million bucks with @Gregory Brunn because this was his idea.)
    • And like a cherry on top, this works in SRST automagically.

Yeah so how did the TAMB2 come into the picture the ZPM looks like it can handle station or trunk ports at 48 v dc

From the ZPM-3 Manual 

"It is necessary to use a TAMB2 Telephone Access Module in all station port applications."

I should not need to worry about that.  I have a free FXO port and a 48v power supply :)

@Gregory Brunn wrote:

Yeah so how did the TAMB2 come into the picture the ZPM looks like it can handle station or trunk ports at 48 v dc