Views
Helpful
Replies

Service cannot be Activated or Deactivated due to Database Update Failure

Nguyen KeThuc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am using CUCM version 7.1. After I install subscribers, I can not start any services in Sevice Activation page. The publisher is ok. Error message:

"...Service cannot be Activated or Deactivated due to Database Update Failure".

Any ideas for me.

27 Replies 27

Hi Aman,

Please review screen capture:

Thuc

Hi Thuc,

How many subscriber servers u have in cluster ?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman

I have two subscriber servers (10.15.242.65/66) in my cluster. The Publisher is 10.15.242.64.

Thuc

Hi Thuc,

The reason why I asked since the Subscriber hostnames have been SUB1 and SUB3 , SUB2 was missing.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

As I mentioned, I have two subscriber servers first(sub1 and sub2) and then I I shutdown  sub2 and install a new subscriber server(sub3) with same sub2's IP address. So, you just see sub1 and sub3.

Thuc

Hi Thuc,

Now when u try to start CCM service on SUB3 , what is the message u are getting ? please share if any.

Any reason why u changed the hostname to SUB3 even though IP adddress is same.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

When I activate the services on sub3, the message displays : Update Operation Successful

None of reason for changing hostname. Just for test.

Thuc

Hi Thuc,

Can u try restarting the SUB3 server and check whether CCM service is starting or not?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman

After I restart Sub3, the CCM service is still started properly.

Thuc

Hi Thuc,

Did not understand, is CCM service working now after restarting SUB3 server?

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

No. I mean that CCM service in Sub3 is working, not working with Sub1.

Regards,

Thuc

Hi Aman,

A good news ! Now I can activate all services in Sub1. I checked network configuration in Publisher server and Sub1 and see that: DNS is not enable in Publisher server but it is set in Sub1. I removed DNS configuration from Sub1 and run Utils dbreplicate reset all. Then, I restart Sub1. Now DB replication status is 2 for all servers.

I wonder how to debug this issue? I just guess and check again and again. That is not good way. Could you share your experience with me?

Regards,

Thuc

Hi Thuc,

What I can say is that if u enable DNS on one server in a cluster and not on others, the IP phones won't register because of  hostanem to IP address or vice versa resolution.

Either u disable on all servers or enable on servers. Also, have u configured hostname in CUCM or IP addresses.

Do u have DNS in setup?

regds,

aman