Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service URL numeric /pin entry instead of alphanumeric

Hello all. 

We have migrated from CUCM 6.1.5 to CUCM 10.5.

The service URL on phones point to an external /3rd party server that prompts for a username/password pair.

On the previous CUCM, the userID inputs in numeric format, which is the expected behaviour.

On the new CUCM, userID inputs in alphanumeric format so that when key "2" is pressed, a menu appears instead of simply pressing 2.

Is this behaviour controllable from CUCM or has to be done from the server.

I know the option is available for extension mobility, but I am unsure for Service URL.

Please help

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only parameter I am aware of that allows for numerical user ID is "Alphanumeric User ID Required Field" under Extension Mobility service parameter, but I don't see how this would apply to 3rd party services.

Hi.

+5 to Chris!

This is something that you have to define on your third party application.

For example another service you can define on CUCM is IP Phone agent for UCCE/X and the alphanumeric login is something you have to define on UCCE/X.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hello Carlo/Chris.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I shall compare the url served by the old vs new server and try to find an included UA if defined..

Thank you very much for the fine and clear hints :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: