Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Corporate directory between clusters

William Cooper
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Is it possible to share a single corporate directory between two clusters, without using a 3rd party software or external server ?

Cluster A is 8.0(3) and Cluster B is 8.6(2). I have a working intercluster trunk at this time, all 1xxx DN are on cluster B and all the 2-9xxx are on cluster A.

7 Replies 7

Hello!

There is no way to configure shared directory without using 3rd party software (AD as example).

You can try to configure to use corporate directory from one cluster from another.

Regards,

Kirill

Is there a way to download each existing corporate directory, merge them and reupload both to each cluster separately ?

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Is this two clusters in a single orgnaisation or multiple?

Do the clusters currently use LDAP/AD or UCM configured users?

Could you use LDAP/AD to pull in the users from the opposite cluster for directory only?

Two separate organizations, cluster B uses AD, Cluster A does not.

In this situation do u need cluster A to use cluster B directory only? Or u need cluster B to use cluster A directory too?

All of the 1xxx Directory numbers are in B, 2-9XXX are in A. I want all of the users in the 1xxx cluster to be able to see the directory for 2-9xxx

I was thinking I could download the directory from each cluster, merge the two then upload the combined directorys on each cluster. Will this work ?

Im aware that the updates on one cluster will not propagate to the other, but I am will willing to go this route until I am able to free up some capital to purchase a separate app.

In this way, you may try to export all users from one server and download them to another using Bulk administration tool. I think, it may work.

Regards,

Kirill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: