cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared DN need to limit to single call

fdouble08
Level 1
Level 1

I have a situation where I have a 7942 phone with a DN and an overhead ringer on a port from a VG202 with the same DN.  This is so that an incoming call will ring the phone and the overhead ringer.  That much works.  However, after the first call is answered and another call comes in, the overhead ringer is activated, but the phone is already off hook and cannot stop the overhead ringer.  As you can imagine, this irritates the user, who would like the ringer to remain silent when they are on the phone.  Is there a way to limit the DN to a single call so that as long as one phone device has the DN off-hook any additional callers will simply get a busy signal?

Thanks!              

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't mention what you use so I'll assume CUCM. You need to mention what you use and version when asking.

Even with shared lines you still configure the busy trigger and maximum number of calls per DN instance, you can configure the busy trigger to 1 on the devices you don't want to receive more than 1 call at any given point in time and just dont configure a CFB behavior so they get busy

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't mention what you use so I'll assume CUCM. You need to mention what you use and version when asking.

Even with shared lines you still configure the busy trigger and maximum number of calls per DN instance, you can configure the busy trigger to 1 on the devices you don't want to receive more than 1 call at any given point in time and just dont configure a CFB behavior so they get busy

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Limiting the max calls and busy trigger to 1 call on each device ( 7942 & VG202 ) stopped a second call from ringing the buzzer.  The users really wanted the ability to receive more than one call, or the ability to place the first call on hold to answer the second.  So, I added a DN to the second line on the 7942 and configured the primary DN to forward to the second one if busy.  the second DN, having no association to the VG202, does not activate the overhead ringer.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: