Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared In/Out going PSTNs/FXOs

cassidyjc1
Level 1
Level 1

I have:

1. 2821 router running IOS 12.4, CME 4.1.

2. PSTN lines coming into my routers FXO cards to cover 3 tenants.  Tenants 1 & 2 share staff, Tenant 3 solo.

3. All lines go to an Automated Attendant (AA) to check for Office operating hrs then nominaly goes to receptionist (via connection plar opx)

Questions:

1. Since Caller ID (CID) is a active I can view whom is calling but not on to which incoming line.  Can I add an "8" or "5" prefix to the CID so staff can determine whom is calling and give proper verbal greeting?  I have line buttons assigned so some staff can determine...but off hrs a hunt-group hits staff w/out that line button.  Also the staff uses the redial button so the 5 and 8would help.  Currently I do have a "9" and "91" enabled for all calls for this purpose...but I need to get instructions on how to add the prefix on voice-ports.

Here is what I currently use:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^202\(.......$\)/ /9202\1/

rule 2 // /91/

2. For outgoing calls I need to assure that the 3 tenant is using the proper outgoing PSTN voice-port.  Right now I am controling that w/ dial-peer voice command.  On one common phone system anyone can use 5, 8 or 9 for outgoing calls....I need to assure tenant 3 cannot use tenant 1 & 2's outgoing voice lines and vice versa.  Is there a outgoing voice pool trunk group to create or other way to accomplis this?  Is this what I should be attempting?...see below. 

voice-port 0/0/0

connection plar opx 200 (AA)

trunk-group A

caller-id enable

voice-port 0/0/1

connection plar opx 200 (AA)

trunk-group A

caller-id enable

voice-port 1/0/0

connection plar opx 300 (AA)

trunk-group B

caller-id enable

voice-port 1/0/1

connection plar opx 105 (Tenant 3)

trunk-group C

dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 9T

trunkgroup A

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 8T

trunkgroup B

dial-peer voice 3 pots

destination-pattern 5T

trunkgroup C

ephone-dn 10   

number 101

truck-group A

truck-group B

ephone-dn 15

number 105

trunk-group C

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With FXO, there is no point in manipulting called number to know which number they called, becasue that info is not there.

You do everyhthing with the plar destination.