Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared line CCM version 11

shahulhameed
Level 3
Level 3

Good Day

I have configured three shred lines for my manager with his secretary. If any one called from outside both IP phone sets are ringing. My manager doesn't want disturb him. So If any one call from outside it should go to secretary first then the secretary will forward call to him.

I know it can be configured if the extension not answered for 2-3 rings then it will forward to another extension but I am confusing how it can be configured for shared line?

Please advise.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shahulhameed,

Yes, That's correct.

Create two new partitions.

Assign partition 1 to secretary that can be accessed by all calling from outside and assign partition 2 to manager that can be accessed only by secretary (in addition to anyone else who can contact the manager).

Regards,

Hitesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Pertaining to your current setup, shared line would not be the best possible solution for you as shared line will have both the lines ringing at the same time.

For a way out, you can have the  DN (let's say 1000) in two different partitions. DN 1000 in pt_1 would be assigned to the secretary phone and DN 1000 in pt_2 will be assigned to Manager phone.

Now, if someone calls from outside, only Secretary's phone will ring as you would be configuring only the partition "pt_1" under the CSS of the calling device (phone/Gateway) and then Secretary after attending the call can transfer the call to the manager (as he/she would be the one having the access to partition pt_2 only).

This is just if you would like to have the same DN 1000 be kept for both the parties but instead have a different calling behavior.

Regards,

Hitesh

Hello Hitesh

Thanks for your kind reply.

Currently we configured None for partition. So do I have to create new partition for that?

Thanks and Regards,

Hi Shahulhameed,

Yes, That's correct.

Create two new partitions.

Assign partition 1 to secretary that can be accessed by all calling from outside and assign partition 2 to manager that can be accessed only by secretary (in addition to anyone else who can contact the manager).

Regards,

Hitesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: