Views
Helpful
Replies

Sign the Self-signed certificate of cisco by 3ed party CA

linuxchild
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I would like to know if any one has signed the self-signed certificate of cisco by 3ed party CA

I just need a sumary of the seteps to be done , my final goal is to have my phones use a certificate that is signed by my client CA (3ed party)  for call signaling and communication encryption

Regards

2 Replies 2

rhugo
Level 3
Level 3

You will run through a process of using Cisco Unified OS to generate CSRs for he 3rd party certs, then, its just a matter of utilizing the CAPF feature for the phones and uploading the 3rd party certs using the CTL client plugin.  Here is a good detailed doc, describing the process and configuration steps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/security/8_5_1/secugd/secuview.html#wp1129377

Thank you for your answer , but the link you gave me does not say to which certificate I have to make the CSR (callmanager, capf , callmanager trust , there are more than 30 certidficate )

and when importing it , do I have to import it as capf , capf-trust , callmanager  or callmanager-trust

this is what I'm searching to know

thank you again for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: