Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Expressway C with multiple Edge

Ahmed Omar
Level 1
Level 1

Greeting;

I need to create two Expressway Edge ,one of it to support Jabber users over the internet ,and the second one support MRA for sister company over WAN Connection so is it possible to do that ?

note i will assign different IPs for each one with different name but will serve same Domain name

Thanks all

5 Replies 5

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Technically speaking, there is no reason why this is not possible. What you need to do is create two seperate traversal zones using different ports eg 7001 and 7005.

However, I don't know if this is supported.

Please rate all useful posts

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The MRA documentation covers this scenario, that is NOT supported. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

what if i build another Expressway C? ,what i mean i will build two expressway Core and two Expressway Edge not in HA mode the first C&E will support Internet Users and the other will support WAN Users.

You can do that, but what do you need a pair of C and E for Wan users? Expressway-C and E is used to interface to the internet for MRA and B2B calls. I am not sure what you are trying to achieve

Please rate all useful posts

so i have same issue her , how can i provide voip service over wan with branch have p2p to our HQ note that we can't connect the coutmer direct to our backend so we used to deploay expressway-e &c for wan used only for this branch, the main issue to not used MRA over internet the secuirty and stabilty concern,,

any idea for this soluation ?

@Ayodeji Okanlawon wrote:

You can do that, but what do you need a pair of C and E for Wan users? Expressway-C and E is used to interface to the internet for MRA and B2B calls. I am not sure what you are trying to achieve