Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Client Multiple extensions

sherif.elella
Level 1
Level 1

fancy a puzzle?

i am trying to integrate a non-cisco with call manager, and i added the mac address using an advanced SIP Client for the multiple extensions feature. the support for that non-cisco device claimed that he worked on another project where the voice engineer was able to somehow add a SIP Client on CUCM with 25 extensions and have it work. 

I am unable to find the solution other than "Unassigned Associated Items" being the way to hold extra extensions , i am about to test this theory in 40 mins or so, any other ideas? how to add 20 working extensions to a non-cisco SIP Client on call manager?

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yeah you would register the 3rd party SIP client, using its extensions,  if you use authentication you might need separate UIDs for each extension.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

the phone button template on the advanced SIP Party client only allows you 8 extensions, i need to setup 25 extensions, i dont need to associate them with UIDs.. i just need to have working 25 extension on the left of the device on CUCM. 

I just tested add an extension under Unasigned Associated Items and it didn't work, even got the device rejected for registration. 

so again,

how do you manage 25 working extensions on a non-cisco SIP Client on CUCM? considering the phone button template. 

or should the device added be something different than a SIP Client?

The solution in case you stumble upon this.

the phone button template does not matter, so you would create a single basic sip client and set one extension and the registration and "agreement" would happen based on the authenticatoin credentials on the phone level