Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Line

Toss Leey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I have customer have HO connect to branches by MPLS and have Internet Connection, my question is SIP Line better to be over MPLS or over Internet, also for video conference -Telepresence- will use SIP or Internet

Thank you

6 Replies 6

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's always better for VoIP to have leased line (P2P) or ILD rather than normal internet line where you don't have dedicated bandwidth assurance. 

More on what Vivek said, Its more secure and in our when sending calls over MPLS.

HTH,

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Yes, i have two Lines one Leased Line 2MB and another Line MPLS 2MB to connect between branches, my question is SIP Line better to be over Leased Line or over MPLS?

Thx

Since both lines have the same capacity, I think you can use either one as far as it meets desired QoS with respect to jitter, latency and packet loss requirement.

i just read, when SIP be over Internet -leased Line-, need to configure IPSec between branches and HO to communicate with cucm, but when use SIP over MPLS you do not need IPSec bcz already branches connect to HO which have CUCM, Right?

Seems correct but when connecting over internet, TLS and SRTP may also be used to protect signaling and media.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: