Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Outbound Calls Drop After 3 mins

pm115redc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an odd problem that I'm tearing out what little hair I have left over smiley I hope someone can help.

So my scenario is this. CUCM 8.6 through CUBE (running on 2811 IOS 15.1.4(M8)) to multiple SIP providers, sipgate.co.uk for inbound calls, and voip-unlimited.co.uk for outbound. As you have probably guessed I'm in the UK.

So, inbound all is well. Calls come in, everything works fine, hold, transfer, park, no problem. Outbound its a different story. Calls connect fine, all funtions work as expected, but regardless of the call type or destination, the call clears at approx 3 mins (usual between 3:15 and 3:26). It doesn't matter if I am speaking, on mute or the remote party has the call on hold, it just drops.

I raised a fault with the provider, who tells me that every time, the call cleared normally, and if I take a trace I can see the 'BYE' messages but I have no idea why this is happening. It has to be a missed ACK or something I assume. but that's a guess.

I would really appreciate it if one of the kind people amongst you could offer some advice, and if you need to see debugs or packet captures I can provide them.

Hope to hear from someone, and thanks

Pete

17 Replies 17

on the Mitel systems, this can be set forcefully.

Is this setting available to you on your system?

V.Naveen Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

kindly check sip parameter in service parameter (CUCM) :

SIP Expires Timer

Check from where we are getting BYE message in the traces

faiqmahdi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pete

How did you solve this?  I am having exactly the same issue.