techdept
Level 1
Level 1

Messages from the phone in order:

Failback

<MAC>.cnf.xml.sgn(HTTP)

VPN Not Configured

Phone-Reg-Rej

The 120 second timeout is what has me concerned.  These are our first SIP phones...everything else is SCCP.  The phone properly registers, then is completely usable for 120 seconds (longer if in a phone call), then they throw the four message above, and re-register.

Any leads as to where to begin to look?  Firewall?  CallManager? Switch?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Try to connect the Phone to a different switch port where a working phone is connected. That would also isolate if it is a port issue or not. Also if it is multinode cluster, try to get the phone registered to a different CM node by changing the preference in the CM group. Collect the packet captures if phone still re-registers. 

Regards

Abhay 

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

is the phone registered on cucm or cme and in what version? 

what is the phone model and firmware ?

CUCM - System version: 10.5.2.12901-1

Firmware: sip8845_65.10-3-2-16

Model - CP-8865-K9=

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 120 second timeout is what has me concerned

Well that is the default keepalive timer for the SIP phones it can be changed though from Service Parameters but I don't think that will help much as the original issue of Phone Reregistration will still exist. If your phones are re-registering quite frequently, then there is definitely something wrong going on at the Network level.

I would start looking at the Switch first where the phones are actually connected followed by firewall and then will come on to Call Manager. How about connecting a working phone to one of the Switchports where the problematic SIP phone is connected in order to make sure if it is a port issue or something else.

Regards

Deepak

These are our first SIP phones.  All of our SCCP phones work.  I pulled the working phone out of production, and plugged this new SIP phone directly in to the same port.  I'm digging into the ASA and switch this morning.

Thanks!

Try to connect the Phone to a different switch port where a working phone is connected. That would also isolate if it is a port issue or not. Also if it is multinode cluster, try to get the phone registered to a different CM node by changing the preference in the CM group. Collect the packet captures if phone still re-registers. 

Regards

Abhay 

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

A good lead!  I failed to apply the device pack to both servers in the cluster.  Applying now, then rebooting.

Sure keep us posted.

Regards

Deepak

5 minutes and counting!  Remember folks...follow instructions when applying device packs!  Apply to the entire cluster, then reboot the cluster!

Thanks for the help all!

williac6
Level 1
Level 1

We have this problem, I updated to the (at that time the latest firmware) sip8845_65.12-0-1-11.  I did follow the instructions and restarted all the servers after the firmware install.  Now when we make when we make a change to the phone and apply the setting, the phone will re-register every 120.  After a few hours it corrects itself.  We see his issue is with the sip phones (88XX series).  We are not seeing this with the 79XX phones as they are using SCCP.  We can unplug the phone from the switch, and connect it back after a few seconds to the same port and that seems to work as well.  I added a speed dial on my phone this morning and applied the settings, and my phone has been re-registering since then (even while I'm writing this).

We are using Communications Manager 10.5, and we are basically a Cisco shop as far as the switches, routers are concerned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.