cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Proxy IP

eberrocal2
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up a fax service and being prompted for SIP Proxy IP/SIP Proxy Gateway IP.  Where can I find this IP address?  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then simply point to your CUCM IP address(es) as the Proxy/GW destinations.  Obviously you'll need to build the integration between CUCM and the fax server, i.e. SIP trunk. I would imagine the FAXFinder would have documentation on how to do that on their side.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What are you integrating this fax service to? Assuming your fax service is SIP based on the question you need to route phone calls (faxes) to/from this service which will be done via either an on-prem IP-PBX or hosted solution or directly by telco, so the SIP proxy/GW would be that component.

Chris, you're right.  I need the IP address of that SIP proxy/GW?  How do I find that?  Thanks!

What are you connecting your Fax server to? 

It's a MultiTech FAXFinder appliance.  We're setting it up in CallManager.

Thanks.

Then simply point to your CUCM IP address(es) as the Proxy/GW destinations.  Obviously you'll need to build the integration between CUCM and the fax server, i.e. SIP trunk. I would imagine the FAXFinder would have documentation on how to do that on their side.

Thanks Chris!

No problem, let us know if you have any additional questions. Otherwise please mark the thread as answered.

Chris, you're right.  I need the IP address of that SIP proxy/GW?  How do I find that?  Thanks!