cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Question: remote sites new trunks or backhaul to HQ

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about SIP design.  CUCM 8.6 environment. 

We have a 50 office network.  Each site has a CUBE router, with a shared circuit that provides an MPLS T1 for data and a SIP trunk to the PSTN. They also have pots lines and SRST for backup.   Local/long distance calls go direct to the PSTN via that SIP trunk.  Then we have a SIP trunk back to our Call Manager for OnNet calls.

My question is, assuming we had the bandwidth (at remote sites and HQ), couldn't we take all calls back to HQ and then out our PSTN there?  The reason I ask is that the SIP trunks at each site are rather expensive, and our infrastructure back at HQ is already rather large.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Absilutely! There is no need to have SIP trunks/CUBE at each remote site. This is one of the many advantage that SIP gives you. You can have a centralized CUBE at your HQ and route calls to all the other sites from there. Depending on your requirement you can then have local gateways for SRST.

We have more than 500 sites using this  model. CUBE and CUCM are located at two differernt data centers

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thanks, that's what I was hoping.  There are no tax issues with sites in multiple states?  All sites are US based.

I doubt it. We have sites in the US using this model as well as sites in the UK. You may want to confirm with your ITSP, but I doubt it. Your ITSP will just route all calls to a central location and you then decide where they go..dont see any tax issues there

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"