Views
Helpful
Replies

sip redundancy trunk in CUCM

aaavvvmmm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a SIP trunk to ISP . I configured RG-RL-RP to call ISP.

I want to route the call to Hunt Group number inside the CUCM when the SIP trunk is down.

Is it possible ?

Thanks,

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot have an internal destination inside route list/route group, so your best bet is to hairpin this call though your CUBE (assuming you have one) where you would have a redundant dial peer with lower property that would change the called number via translation rule and send back to CUCM.

Thanks,

I know about this solution and already implemented that.

I was looking for something that won't involve CUBE ( for me using CUBE is more of a workaround )

It's also takes resources from CUBE for no real reason .

I think Cisco should have consider it ... as a feature

Cannot think of anything except for perhaps building SIP trunk  with destination of CUCM subscriber itself, never tried it, but might work.

As to having Cisco allow this natively, I doubt this is on their roadmap, but you are always welcome to contact your Cisco account team with feature enhancements.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

It could be a good idea (really doubt will work) but be carefully causing a loop between CUCM.

I prefer the first option told by Chris.

Regards

Guy,

Thank you very much for your help.

I tested the idea of SIP trunk to CUCM (internal trunk...).

It didn't help. The call got busy. look like you can't do this workaround.

The reason I need this feature is because I have deployment when I have call center conncted to CUCM with SIP trunk and agents registered with phones to CUCM.

I want to route the call to hunt list inside the CUCM when Call Center is down (when SIP trunk to Call Center is down)

The only way I could do that is to route the call to CUBE and reroute the call back to  CUCM....but on this case i'm using CUBE resources for no reason

Aviram

Look like your CUBE resources are very tight. In that case you should install some new DSP or reallocated some DSP to this purpose.

Regards

The idea was not to use CUBE resources :-)

Anyway DSP's are not used with SIP trunk

Aviram

I am just curious, why would you ever need a situation, where  when the ITSP becomes unreachable, the Call should be sent to somewhere inside the CCM.

However I think there is a work around, that I guess should work (I have not tried it yet).

You may want to create a DN Entry as less specific than that of the Route Pattern for e.g. if Rotue Pattern is like [2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX you may create a DN Entry as XXXXXXXXXX and place it in the same Partition as the current Route Pattern.

By default CCM chooses the most specific one, and will use the RP and when that RP is not reachable, it may fall back to the DN entry.

Again, theoretically it may work, but I could not test it so far, so cannot vouch for it.

Please keep us posted if you get your solution ( I am still very curious, why you would never need to be in a situation where such a requirement may arise).

HTH

Wilson,

I don't think this is how CUCM dial plan works, if there are 2 overlapping routes CUCM will only match the first one and proceed with routing, this is no different if you build DN 5011 and another device (CTI RP, etc) as 501X, even if you un-register 5011 it will always match it and never attempt to route to 501X.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the correction there (+5)

My bad :-(

Regards