Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk and RTP ports range.

israel.castillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a situation where I created a SIP trunk between my CUCM 9.1 to a AVAYA, everything is working fine when the firewall have a rule to ANY ANY ports,  but when they limited them to 5060, 5061 that are the ports that the SIP trunk use, and limited to 

udp 2048 - 65535

tcp 61440 - 61444

tcp 57658

udp 5061

tcp 5061

sip-tcp 5060

I also know that SIP trunk use TCP and UDP, and that how is configured.

it works fine for an hour it means that the other side answers the call, but then it just stop working meaning that only rings but no answer, so we open the ports to any any in the FW and it starts working again, so they are telling that it should be more ports to be open, and the only ports I can think of, are the RTP ports that the range is from 16384 - 32767, so, are there any other ports or specific ports that I need to add to FW?  Thanks for the help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Israel,

On the Cisco side i dont think you are missing any port. For calls to work the RTP port range should be allowed along with the signaling port range. Make sure the SIP trunk security profile which have assigned to the trunk on CUCM has the correct SIP port number defined.

You should also check the SIP port used by Avaya. Is it 5060 as well? You can do any any on your firewall and make a few test calls to check the signaling port on both the Cisco side as well as Avaya side to confirm.

Aseem Anand

(Please rate if useful)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I am not sure about the RTP range used by Avaya.The RTP port range used by Cisco is 16384 - 32767. 

As per the below document the RTP port range used by Avaya is between 2048 and 65525. Either you need to check if RTP port range can be defined on Avaya CM/Avaya phones to match Cisco's range or allow the complete range used by Avaya in your firewall.

https://theavayaengineer.wordpress.com/2012/10/11/tcp-udp-ports/

Aseem

Thanks for your response  Aseem

But checking the Cisco side ports, am I missing any port range?  I don´t think I´m missing ports for my SIP trunk and my TCP + UPD s, and RTP side? am I. 

Hi Israel,

On the Cisco side i dont think you are missing any port. For calls to work the RTP port range should be allowed along with the signaling port range. Make sure the SIP trunk security profile which have assigned to the trunk on CUCM has the correct SIP port number defined.

You should also check the SIP port used by Avaya. Is it 5060 as well? You can do any any on your firewall and make a few test calls to check the signaling port on both the Cisco side as well as Avaya side to confirm.

Aseem Anand

(Please rate if useful)