Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk/CUBE and SRST

Hi all,

I've been searching for a while but can not find a definitive answer but luckily I have something that seems to work. I want to share some and ask some. Most documentation concentrate on SIP-trunk+CUBE, Classic PSTN+SRST, CUCM+SIP-trunk to Voice router, SRST with SIP phones but there's no real example of SRST on a voice Gateway with an SIP-trunk on the providerside (at least I haven't found it yet).

Our situation:

SIP-trunk (Provider)<----> Voice Router/CUBE/SRST<-----SIP Trunk---->CUCM Cluster (Publisher + Subscriber)

First challenge: Dial-peer failover

By tweaking the settings under sip-ua (Retry timers and timeout timer) you can get a decent failover of the dial-peers when one fails. The problem we encountered is that we had to enter the requested values of our SIP provider so this had to be solved in a different way (these timers are way to high for a properly timed failover). Going H.323 was one option but I found monitor probe icmp-ping. This works like a charm.

Example:

!

call fallback active

!

dial-peer voice 2076 voip

description ** incoming SIP to SUB **

preference 1

destination-pattern 0512345678

monitor probe icmp-ping

voice-class codec 1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.16.10.2

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 2077 voip

description ** incoming SIP to PUB **

preference 2

destination-pattern 0512345678

monitor probe icmp-ping

voice-class codec 1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:172.16.10.1

incoming called-number .

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

no vad

!

Second Challenge: SRST

Question: If i go in SRST (CME-mode) and want this number (0512345678) to fallback to extension 254. Do I have to configure a third dial-peer with an a lower preference but with an translation profile ?

Some thing like:

dial-peer voice 3000 pots

translation-profile incoming called_0512345678

incoming called-number 0512345678

preference 9

voice-class codec 1

direct-inward-dial

!

We have discontinues external numbers so a dialplan pattern is no option. I haven't tried the third dial-peer yet because then I have to disable critical dial-peers in our router (don't know why they don't like this during working hours ;-))

All phones are SCCP-based.

Thanx in advance !

0 Replies 0