Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP TRUNK INVITE HEADER

Hi.

I have a CUCM with a CUBE connect with Sip service Provider.

I need show  in the external calls the  public number (DID) for each extension and the service provider say that i show the extension and name in the header invite.

Anyone know how show  the calling number (DID) and not the name and extension number?

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think you are missing an appropriate digit manipulation to change the ANI what your service provider expects.

Which protocol you have in between CUCM and CUBE?

Depends on your requirement, you can change the ANI either in CUCM or in CUBE to a value what your service provider is expecting.

Do you have enough information from your provider what is expected ANI?

Hi Vivek and thanks for your reponse.

I have a SIP trunk between CUCM and CUBE.

I have a rule in the CUBE for translation the extensión number (11X or 12X) to DID public number, but the service provider say that i send the extensión number and name in the invite.

voice translation-rule 3

rule 1 /11./ /934300668/

rule 2 /12./ /931311571/

Can you please share the output of debug ccsip messages...

Hi Vivek.

I attached the output "ccsip messages". I can not interpret this debug, but I can see,  in the "from" field I send the  name extensión.

Calling number = 934300668

Called number = 933119416

Extensión name= Tecnida_EDU

Thanks

What is the DDI number which your provider is expecting?

Is 934300668 a DDI number expecting by provider or something else?

Hi Vivek.

Yes, this is the DDI number expecting for the SIP service provider

Hi Eduard,

Then you should show this logs to your service provider and confirm if they are expecting something else. For instance, service provider could expect DDI number in some other header of INVITE message instead of From field.

Thanks

Vivek

Hi Eduard,

SIP usually displays caller ID info in one of the following headers:

- Remote-ID:

- P-Preferred-Identity:

- P-Asserted-Identity:

When connecting to telcos over SIP trunk, they usually expect caller ID to be in one of the headers other than From:. This is for security reasons but this isn't necessary the case.

I had two SIP trunks to two different providers (nigeria and UK). In nigeria they used From header where in UK they requested P-Asserted-Identity.

This needs to be agreed with your telco. But for testing purpose, try to enable all headers and see whether caller ID display is working or not. You can do this on the CUBE or CUCM.

On the CUBE:

PAI

voice service voip

sip

asserted-id pai

!

or

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

voice-class sip asserted-id pai

session protocol sipv2

Remote-ID

sip-ua

remote-party-id

PPI

voice service voip

sip

asserted-id ppi

!

or

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

voice-class sip asserted-id ppi

session protocol sipv2

on CUCM:

Hi Mohammed and thanks for your information.

I solved the problem.

I put the DDI number in the ASCII Display on CUCM  Phone/Device

Thanks.

Hi Vivek and thanks for your collaboration.

I solved the problem, I put the DDI number in the ASCII Display on CUCM and work fine

Hello Eduard,

Try to look for Caller ID Presentation and Restriction paragraph at

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/trunks.html

It explains above the calling user's name and number can be anonymized in the From header in SIP messages sent over a SIP trunk.

Hope this will help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: