Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk transfer inbound calls in CUCM 8.5

fernandogarciat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

I have a problem where inbound calls reach a SIP trunk in a voice gateway 2811 and then forwarded to CUCM via dial-peer. Everything is OK when is answered in an IP phone but when trying to transfer to anorther extension there are problems.

I tried to fix this with by checking the check box named "Media Termination Point Required" in trunk page configuration but now I'm having problems in outgoing calls, sometimes no reaching the called phone number and other times no audio in one way, sometimes also I accomplish the call but this is disconnected after few seconds.

Any thoughts?

thanks.

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since the number of issues have increased after making the change i would suggest reverting to earlier config and resetting the SIP trunk. Then for a call transfer failure on an inbound call you should collect the detailed callmanager service traces as explained in the following doc

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/126666/collecting-cucm-traces-cucm-862-tac-sr

Also get the corresponding calling and called party details and exact call flow involved.

The traces can show if the issue is due to signaling or resource allocation issue.

HTH

Manish