Replies

SIP trunk with DTMF issue ?

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Dear Experts,

I have configured SIP trunk to ITSP with Call Manager 4.2

my call flow is IP phone ---> h323 GW -----> SIP trunk -------> ITSP

my provider is using G711alaw and DTMF in-band voice.

for outbound calls, we use outbound Faststart with codec g711alaw and it is working correctly.

for inbound calls, we use inbound faststart, the calls is answered by UCCX IVR, unfortunately the DTMF is not recognized.

I use transcoder but the DTMF is not working.

any idea guys to solve this issue ?

thanks in advance

Anas

5 Replies 5

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

can any one help me with this case ?

thanks

Anas

UCCX requires out of band DTMF.

Do you have an MTP defined in your device pool?  CUCM should allocate an MTP and translate the DTMF to out of band. 

Hi Thomas,

I have MTP assigned to device pool, but it didn't work. is there any specific config to translate the DTMF to out of band ?

regards

Anas

Are the UCCX CTI Ports are in the same device pool as that MTP?  There shouldn't be anything specific. 

You can pull the call manager logs and check the session for any clues.  You should see CUCM detect the DTMF mismatch and allocate an MTP.  You may need TAC assistance reviewing the logs, but at least you can point them in the right direction.

Also, I assume you've confirmed your compatability on the matrix for your CUCM and UCCX versions?

Hi Thomas,

they are in the same device pool.

the call manager version is 4.2 and the UCCX is coresidant. there is no valid support with cisco, and I think also it is end of support from cisco.

regards

Anas