Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk with G.729

orochi_yagami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We've CUCM 9.1, and voice gateway 2821. We've configured an inter-cluster trunk to another CUCM.

The call between cluster just work fine, the connected call established with G711 currently.

We would like to use G729 instead between the cluster calls.

My question is, can i configure the advertising codec on the CUCM without involving the CUBE?

Or if CUBE is a must, i need 2 dial-peer for incoming from CUCM 9.1 and outgoing dial-peer to another CUCM cluster.

I need to defined the codec g729 under the dial-peer configuration, am i right?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can....What you need to do is configure the region between the ip phone and trunk to use G729.......

ip phone---g729---sip turnk-----cucm_B---ip phone

In this setup you dont need a xcoder

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can configure the region between the devices and the trunk to use G729.

Thats correct, with the CUBE setup. inbound dial-peer set as default (g729) and outbound dial-peer set as default (g729)..

You also need to ensure that the region between your devices and your CUBE trunk is set to G729

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Hi, If that's the case am still using SIP trunk or i create another inter-cluster trunk (without GK control)?

Right now i'am using a SIP Trunk with G.711, without any CUBE involvement. Can i change the SIP trunk codec with G729, with/without the xcoder/MTP. So the idea will be

IP Phone (SCCP) --> CUCM_A --> SIP Trunk (G729) --> CUCM_B --> (SCCP) IP Phone

We're not intend for any CUBE at the moment.

Thanks for you advice.

Yes you can....What you need to do is configure the region between the ip phone and trunk to use G729.......

ip phone---g729---sip turnk-----cucm_B---ip phone

In this setup you dont need a xcoder

Hi,

Put my rating for you.

Thanks for your clarification.