cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sip trunking circuits

Jay Cambell
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 sip trunk circuit at 2 different locations for failover. Is it possible to add another sip circuit to one of those locations?  Also do I just need to add additional dial peers for the new sip circuit ? 

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, CUBE has the concept of tenants for that.

If you're doing CUBE HA I'm not sure that will be supported to only have it on one.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes. I have 2 cubes.  Cisco 4300

If you are deploying SIP circuits with same ITSP, this will be an easy task. The failover works like this

For Outbound calls if your primary CUBE is down the call goes out via secondary CUBE. CUCM controls this using Route List, Route Group assuming both CUBES/SIP Trunks are added in Route Groupsare DR/fail over is done like this..

For inbound calls the external call reach your ITSP and they forward to the SIP Circuit and the Primary CUBE they can forward to the Secondary CUBE from the provider level. Also if the call arrives on CUBE and it can’t reach primary CUCM you can configure dial peers to reach out the secondary CUCM.

Hope this helps

cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

what do you mean by circuit?  just add another number range to an existing SIP/ITSP service, or a whole new WAN service carrying SIP?

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

A new Wan circuit.

I cant see why that wouldnt be possible. if you have a physical port on your cube for the new circuit. your cucm already has a trunk to it. so that all good, you might need to add dial peers across the new circuit and additional authentication for your second provider.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.