cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sip trunking for ISDN lines using Cisco2911 Router

Anupam Singh
Level 1
Level 1

IP Phones 7960 are running for ISDN 2e Lines using router Cisco 2911 i.e. all ISDN line is connected to router using BRI interfaces. I want sip trunking using this cisco 2911 router already installed for isdn lines. my question is "Do I need any other gateway device for sip trunking or this router can be used as a gateway for sip trunking?".

Can anyone suggest me  the outline of tasks that i need to do for making  sip calls using these IP Phones and routers?

Thank You

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ben Morgan
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, you can use the same 2911 ISR for both ISDN lines and SIP trunking to provider.

Would entail configuring relevant dialpeers for both inbound and outbound legs. Also would need to configure the SIP UA and Sip Services..

The SIP Provider should give you details of what server to register too and other settings, probably even the format of SIP headers they expect to see from your end.

What type of protocol are yo running back to CUCM, make sure you allow connections SIP to .... and vice-versa.

Cheers

Ben

If you found this post useful, please rate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ben Morgan
Level 3
Level 3

Yes, you can use the same 2911 ISR for both ISDN lines and SIP trunking to provider.

Would entail configuring relevant dialpeers for both inbound and outbound legs. Also would need to configure the SIP UA and Sip Services..

The SIP Provider should give you details of what server to register too and other settings, probably even the format of SIP headers they expect to see from your end.

What type of protocol are yo running back to CUCM, make sure you allow connections SIP to .... and vice-versa.

Cheers

Ben

If you found this post useful, please rate!

Thank You Very Much for your suggestion. I have got one confusion with it. My Cisco phones are registerd using the firmware  P00xxxxx that is not supporting  SIP. If I go for SIP firmware files P0Sxxxx , Would It work for ISDN LIne and SIp trunking Both?

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: