Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunks

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

I plan on re-designing my SIP trunks, currently i have 50 SIP Trunks on site A (HQ) and 50 at site B (Datacenter) being used for all inbound and outbound calls

The plan now is to use the existing gateways a create a pooling of 50 Trunks at the HQ that will failover to the datacenter

These trunks will be used only for local calls and non inbound Toll-free

then a new 100 trunk SIP session at HQ and Datacenter each will be used for outbound long distance and inbound toll-free

The questions i have are:

1. Do i need any additional license for my CUBE to be able to process these calls

2. How can i create a dial-peer that would decide the inbound calls

3. They are no new physical circuits being placed in for the new setup, do i just point my outbound LD dial-peer to the new SIP trunk and the carrier would take care of what trunk it uses?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So, if you now require 100 SIP sessions on each side you need to ordered additional CUBE licenses, keep in mind CUBE licenses are honor code at this time.

As to dial-peers for inbound not sure what you mean, inbound is controlled via telco config, so if call is redirected to one CUBE it will match its diapeers, if it is delivered to second CUBE it will match its dial peers.

are these completely new SIP trunks pointing to different SBC or just additional channels?

If new SIP trunks then you need to reconfigure your CUBE to accept calls from new IP address of the new SBC, and configure outbound dial peers to direct calls to the new SBC.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is Video Over IP, please move to a relevant area.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime, i thought it said voice over IP

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you say 50 SIP trunk, do you really mean 1 SIP trunk for 50 SIP sessions?

Yes, i SIP trunk for 50 sessions.

For the 100 SIP trunks, i mean the same as well 100 sessions.

So, if you now require 100 SIP sessions on each side you need to ordered additional CUBE licenses, keep in mind CUBE licenses are honor code at this time.

As to dial-peers for inbound not sure what you mean, inbound is controlled via telco config, so if call is redirected to one CUBE it will match its diapeers, if it is delivered to second CUBE it will match its dial peers.

are these completely new SIP trunks pointing to different SBC or just additional channels?

If new SIP trunks then you need to reconfigure your CUBE to accept calls from new IP address of the new SBC, and configure outbound dial peers to direct calls to the new SBC.

Thanks Chris, Ok, i will review how many sessions they currently have an ensure it equals at least 150 sessions (50 sessions for the inbound and 100 sessions for outbound) on each side. I was thinking since its honor code, i wasn't sure what impact it would make to using just the existing 100 sessions.

Since 100 session is already in there, should i just add additional 50 sessions?

They are existing SIP trunks. I just did that verification as well so they routing itself should not change, the provider should be doing all the routing logic deciding which outbound is local or LD as well as signaling the inbound calls to the CUBE.

Nowhere in the configuration will you see how many licenses the customer is entitled to, you'd need to review the sales orders. But technically you'd need to add whatever you need to add.

So, will the local and LD trunks be different and you'd need to point to different destinations?  If so, you need to adjust your dial-peers (local vs. LD vs. Intl, etc) to point to appropriate destination.

Ok, will verify the original licenses that was purchased.

For the local and LD calls, they are currently using the same Trunk for that. I asked the carrier yesterday if they will have a different trunk that will need to be integrated and they said no. Which is why i began questioning what i really needed to do.

My plan was to modify the local and LD dial-peers which would make me creating excess dial-peers distinguishing between Local and LD/intl if they are using different trunks.

If its a new trk, i can just bind the new dial-peer to the new trk and route it out that way but i'll see what plan the provider has exactly.