Views
Helpful
Replies

SmartNet and UCSS

phonetech
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've purchased my UCSS renewal for 2009-2010 from a different vendor. I was worried that my subscription will lapse since the vendor was moving pretty slow, but it appears that they made it, since my renewal envelopes with PAK numbers came in before the end of coverage.

The old subscription was going to expire on 9-30-09.

Yesterday, I went to register my PAK numbers and to look at my contracts and I saw that all four of them expired and were overdue and they still had the old vendor name in bill-to.

I know that my renewals were purchased by my new vendor on 9/23/09 and they all have CISCO sales order number on them.

My vendor is telling me that my contract numbers will not change with the change of the vendor and that it takes time for the information in contracts to get updated.

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes for new subscriptions become available to the end user. My new subscription was supposed to start on 10/1/09.

Is this a problem? If it is how do I go about fixing it? Cisco TAC?

Thanks

Yury

2 Replies 2

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

Hi Yuri,

UCSS provides access to major software updates. It is the Essential Software service (ESW) that provides access to TAC (and minor/bug fix updates).

The ESW contract must be purchased and activated before UCSS PAK codes can be registered and they must be registered to the ESW contract number.

In theory the whole process should take a couple of weeks but recently it seems to have been taking alot longer.

It should be sorted out for you in a few weeks but I would keep chasing the partner if they are ordering ESW and registering the UCSS contracts on your behalf.

If you need to raise a TAC case in the meantime I would contact you direct touch Cisco Account Manager and ask them to speak to TAC on your behalf. If this does not work try raising a case by phone and explaining the situation to the call handler. If you can provide the Cisco purchase order numbers showing the ESW and UCSS items you should be able to get some assistance.

Thanks for your advice.

I am making a slow progress, but it looks like it is going to be a multipart process.

My reseller provided me with correct new contract numbers. Cisco Contract support moved my UCSS registrations under correct ESW contract.

My SNT contract is still messed up. Almost no hardware shows there and my call manager servers are not there either.

I am working with my reseller to correct that.

This maybe a reason why I can't order a major upgrade under UCSS.