Views
Helpful
Replies

Speechlog voice recorder does not work with CUCM7

Criss Sawyer
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i have in my environement a third party Voice recorder called "Speechlog", the voice recording is SPAN based, the speechlog was working fine with CCM 4.1.3. however after upgrading our CUCM Cluster to the 7.1.3 version speechlog does not record calls anymore.

is there any different betwen CCM 4.1.3 and CUCM 7.1.5 that coud prevent speechlog from recording calls?

Thx indvance,

best rgards

B!lal

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mounir CHAGUER
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The problem is the speechlog 6.5 does'nt know the new version of sccp that Cisco Unified CallManager 6.x and later use it. To resolve the probleme talk with speechlog support to give you i new version of file "voiprecord.dll" that you will find in speechlog installation's file then replace the old one or rename it and paste the new file. (the old file as 945ko and the newest as 1025ko)

Best Regard

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bilal,

CCM 6.x and higher have an option to monitor/record calls using CUCM itself :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmfeat/fsmr.html

However, you are spanning the switch port to which the phone(s) are connected, from your description.

- Can you capture RTP traffic from your phone (https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-11735), play audio back and see if you can hear it properly ?

- You can also try saving the span port capture and play it back

- Is the recording server getting those RTP packets ?

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

Hi srsivara!,

thx for your quick response,

concerning our matter and in CUCM 7 environemnt , yes, i already perform a wireshark sniff, i did get the RTP packet, i saved to an audio file and  i did played the audio file with success. However my recording server does not receive any RTP packet.

i pluged back my CCM 4 into the network and i test the recording server, and it did work, i don't why it did not wrk with CCUM7

Do you have any explanation?

thx a lot

B!lal

The only thing i can think of is the Skinny version difference, when the phone communicates with CCM 4 and 7.1.5. Does the recording server just look for RTP packets, or signalling messages too, for decoding ?

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

hi sivara,

the recording server sniffs all traffic that comes from switch ports connfigured in monotoring source mode (port attached to recording server configured in monotoring destination mode).

is there somthing in new SCCP version that block sniffin or somthing?

for info, i don't any kind of security profile configured in callmanager.

There's nothing in SCCP that would block the switch from SPANing ports; however, CUCM 7.1(5) will use a much newer version of the SCCP protocol to speak to the phones. My guess would be that the recording software does not understand this newer version and is failing to save the calls because of it. You need to work with the recording software vendor to troubleshoot and likely get a patch.

Hi jonathan,

thx for your valuable help

The service support of the recording sofware vendor (Globitel) told me  that I must check If  receive the following skinny message :

Skinny.messageid==0x14a, i don't know what that message means and how can i check wether CUCM 7 send it or not.

i would be really if you can provide me with more info.

best regards,

B!lal

You can use the wireshark packet capture. As wireshark also does not deocde the new SCCP version message correctly, you can filter the packets by tcp.port == 2000. And then you will find some skinny packets were marked as unknown message, and one of the might be the call info skinny message with message ID 0x14a as shown below

Yufang Zhou
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SCCP verson, the protocl/messaging used beween phone and CUCM will be upgraded. I assuming your SPAN based recording software will rely on the SCCP call info message to derive the call details for the call to be recorded, and the format of call info SCCP message is changed in difference SCCP version. You may need to ask your voice recoder vendor to see if they have latest software update which will work with the new SCCP version.

HI Yufan,

thx for your intresse,

i tryied with CICM 6.1.2 and it does not work while i know many customer who have the exact same version of recording Sofwatre integrated with CUCM 6.1.2.

i remind that once i pluged back CCM4 in my LAB the recording solution work fine.

what about downgrading IPPhones firmware vesion so it can meet the recording sofware version?

thx for all

B!lal

Mounir CHAGUER
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The problem is the speechlog 6.5 does'nt know the new version of sccp that Cisco Unified CallManager 6.x and later use it. To resolve the probleme talk with speechlog support to give you i new version of file "voiprecord.dll" that you will find in speechlog installation's file then replace the old one or rename it and paste the new file. (the old file as 945ko and the newest as 1025ko)

Best Regard