Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed dials saving locally on KEM?

Prekek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!
i am currently testing a Cisco 8851 phone with a 36 button KEM installed to it.

when im manually configuring speed dials (by holding down a speed dial button on the kem for a few seconds) the speed dials are there and they work.
Whats weird is that i cant see the speed dials anywhere in the CUCM or in the user device profile (we use extension mobility)...
When i log myself out of the phone and log another user in the speed dials are still there. so i guess they are saved locally...
How can i change this behaviour and where exactly do my speed dials get saved right now?

Any tips are appreciated! Thank you

King Regards 

Fabian

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's WAD, those are indeed stored directly in the device without CUCM being involved, if you want them to show in CUCM, you need to configure them in UCMuser or CCMadmin pages.

I never tested with a KEM, but on a 88xx if I logged with EM and the buttons were used in the EM profile (after being configured directly on the device), they would be gone when I logged out. Or if I manually configured those buttons for something else, they would also be gone without any notification (As CUCM is completely unaware of this)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate