Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 
cancel
Visitas
ÚTIL
Respuestas

Speed negotiation by default

Hi, how can i check whats the port speed negotiation by default on a CM 4.2?

can i change this, by default?

Thanks in advance

Cesar

1 SOLUCIÓN ACEPTADA

Soluciones aceptadas

Cesar,

The default settings is Auto/Auto (Speed/duplex).

You can manually modify the default settings to something different like 100/Full but you must also adapt the corresponding port switch settings to match the one of your phone.

A phone reset will keep the new phone setting to what you have configured (manually).

But, be aware that when you will upgrade the phone firmware in the future, the settings will go back to Auto/Auto.

Pierre.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

5 RESPUESTAS 5

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM 4.2 is running on top of Windows server OS.

Therefore, you have to access the Win OS settings to check the port speed.

Start > Settings > Network Connectivity > LAN > Properties

Select you NIC > Configure > Advanced > Speed & Duplex

You can change this settings but if you do so, you also have to adapt the matching switch port to avoid duplex mismatch.

By default I recoomend to leave the NIC settings to auto/auto and the Switch port to Auto/auto

Pierre.

Hi pierre, thanks for your quick awser

first at all apologices for the ratings, i was trying to rate 5 stars and rated 1, yes... 2 times in a row...

secong i didnt stated rigth my question, what i want to set by default is the behaviour of the phones, not de CM 4.2 server

by default they come in auto, but in one location im having problems with this, we have to set ip manually to 100 full and id like to know if its possible to set it by default to 100 full

thanks a lot

Cesar

Cesar,

The default settings is Auto/Auto (Speed/duplex).

You can manually modify the default settings to something different like 100/Full but you must also adapt the corresponding port switch settings to match the one of your phone.

A phone reset will keep the new phone setting to what you have configured (manually).

But, be aware that when you will upgrade the phone firmware in the future, the settings will go back to Auto/Auto.

Pierre.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Cesar

Thanks a lot for your help, this got me out of big trouble

, anyway we are looking for migrate to 8.5 and remote speed negotiation is a new feature, just to let you know

Cesar