Views
Helpful
Replies

speeddials and adresbooks

thedevastator
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all ! ,

im in the midst of configuring CME 8.6 ( on 2821) , with 25 7941's, a few FXO's ( faxes ) and im now configuring speed dials , for my phones

everyone can use the same speed dials

i can place outside calls , receive inside calls over sip , but im struggling with the quick dial / speeddial functions

i want to use an asterisk (* ) to choose a number from the quickdial adresbook but for some reason its not starting to dial

i have followed the setup described here : http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html#wp1028795

my text file is located on USBflash0:/Adres/speed.txt

it looks like

101,0612121212,Cellphone1

102,0612121212,Cellphone2

103,004890129012901,Phontest1

it reads them correctly

with the cmd , show telephony-service bulk-speed-dial summary

it shows list id 0  with 29 entries size 2784 Reference global and URL  usbflash0:ADRES/SPEED.TXT

so when i press *101 on the phone , it should ring to the one on the quicklist correct?

if not can anyone have a quickstep i might have forgotten ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Vincent,

Try by dialing *0101

Here is clip from Rob's post.

index,digits,[name],[hide],[append]

90,914085550153,Cisco extension,hide,append

To place a call to a speed-dial entry in a list, the phone user must  first dial a prefix, followed by the list ID number, then the index for  the bulk speed-dial list entry to be called.

So, if the example list (shown above) was list number 7 with the default prefix, and we wanted to dial

914085550153 the user would actually dial #790.

Rate all the helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Vincent,

Try by dialing *0101

Here is clip from Rob's post.

index,digits,[name],[hide],[append]

90,914085550153,Cisco extension,hide,append

To place a call to a speed-dial entry in a list, the phone user must  first dial a prefix, followed by the list ID number, then the index for  the bulk speed-dial list entry to be called.

So, if the example list (shown above) was list number 7 with the default prefix, and we wanted to dial

914085550153 the user would actually dial #790.

Rate all the helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

Hi Manish , thnx for the quick reply

dialing *0101 has no effect , well it gives me a busy tone ,

Router#show telephony-service bulk-speed-dial summary

List-id                 Entries                 Size                    Reference                 url

0                                  29                          2784                   Global                       usbflash0:ADRES/SPEED.TXT

1                                  29                          2784                   ephone-8                   usbflash0:ADRES/SPEED.TXT        

1 Global List(s) 1 Local List(s)

i do have a dial peer configured for star dials

dial-peer voice 9 voip

description **Star Code to SIP Trunk**

destination-pattern *....

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:XX.XX.XX.XX

voice-class codec 1

voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

no vad

!

Hi Vincent ,

Can you dial this number # 0612121212 directly , if yes can you attach you CME config.

Thanks

Manish

doh! ,

the dialpeer was missing a dot ! .. solved !!!