Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST CME called number redirect to Unity

Peter Valdes
Level 3
Level 3

HI,

Im trying to get the redirect called number working during SRST fallback.

Our network setup:

CUCM 7.1.5 and CUC 7.1.5 located at the HUB location, SPOKE site IP Phones regsiter to HUB CUCM/CUC via private network point to point. Both sites have voice gateway registers via H.323 back to HUB CUCM and dedicated ISDN lines with separate number range.

=====================================

HUB -> CUCM/CUC -> H323 -> VG1 -> ISDN 6XXX

||

SPOKE -> IPPhones -> VG2 -> ISDN 3XXX

=====================================

HUB VM Pilot Number: 68186222

SPOKE VM Pilot Number: 68093222

IP Phone Ext: 3015

Issues I need resolve during SRST fallback:

1. When I press the message button on my IP Phone ext 3015, I should hear "please enter your password followed by pound"

2. When outside calls my extension ext 3015, they should hear my voicemail greeting

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^8830./ /68093000/

rule 2 /^88[5-9]./ /68093000/

rule 3 /^3\(...\)/ /68093\1/

!

voice translation-profile OutgoingCallerID1

translate calling 1

!

controller E1 0/0/0

pri-group timeslots 1-31

!

interface Serial0/0/0:15

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

no logging event link-status

isdn switch-type primary-net5

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn send-alerting

isdn sending-complete

isdn outgoing ie redirecting-number

no cdp enable

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots
translation-profile outgoing OutgoingCallerID1
destination-pattern 9T
progress_ind setup enable 3
progress_ind alert enable 8
progress_ind progress enable 8
progress_ind connect enable 8
incoming called-number .
direct-inward-dial
port 0/0/0:15

!

telephony-service

srst mode auto-provision none

srst dn template 1

srst dn line-mode dual

max-ephones 265

max-dn 600

ip source-address 10.X.X.X port 2000

time-zone 41

date-format dd-mm-yy

dialplan-pattern 1 68093222 extension-length 10 extension-pattern 968186222#

voicemail 968186222#

max-conferences 8 gain -6

transfer-system full-consult

secondary-dialtone 9

Please help.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In general, when you are using SRST and wish to integrate with VM then you need to pass the appropriate ISDN Information Elements (IE) to the carrier and that carrier needs to preserve the IE when presenting it to the far end voice gateway (HUB, in your case). In addition, the voicemail system needs to readily recognize the IE as associated with a mailbox user.

Let's work backwards. One of the common oversights is that the calling party (for direct calls) or the redirecting party (for forwarded calls) is not recognized as a subscriber on the VM system. This is an easy problem to address. Simply add an alternate extension to the voicemail user. So, if their internal extension is 3500 then add 68093500 as an alternate extension.

Now, lets look at the HUB gateway. In CUCM, configure the gateway and under the Inbound Calls Section enable the "Redirecting IE Number - Inbound" option.

Next, look at the carrier. You need to enable debug isdn q931 on both gateways. So, this means you will be simulating an outage to test. You can do this from the SPOKE site by either using ACL or sinking (nul) routes. Be sure to only interven in the call path to/from UCM and the phones/gateway at the SPOKE site (otherwise, you won't be able to telnet/ssh to the device and that is bad, real bad). Anyway, what you want to know is:

a. Is the SPOKE gateway sending: (for direct calls)

- called party: 68186222

- calling party: 68093500 (example)

(for redirect calls)

- calling party: variable

- redirecting party: 68093500 (example)

b. Is the HUB gateway receiving what the SPOKE is sending?  This is very key. Depending on the carrier and the market I have found that sometimes the redirecting party IE is stripped when it lands on the HUB. Though, the direct calls should work fine in all cases.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

http://ucguerrilla.com

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In general, when you are using SRST and wish to integrate with VM then you need to pass the appropriate ISDN Information Elements (IE) to the carrier and that carrier needs to preserve the IE when presenting it to the far end voice gateway (HUB, in your case). In addition, the voicemail system needs to readily recognize the IE as associated with a mailbox user.

Let's work backwards. One of the common oversights is that the calling party (for direct calls) or the redirecting party (for forwarded calls) is not recognized as a subscriber on the VM system. This is an easy problem to address. Simply add an alternate extension to the voicemail user. So, if their internal extension is 3500 then add 68093500 as an alternate extension.

Now, lets look at the HUB gateway. In CUCM, configure the gateway and under the Inbound Calls Section enable the "Redirecting IE Number - Inbound" option.

Next, look at the carrier. You need to enable debug isdn q931 on both gateways. So, this means you will be simulating an outage to test. You can do this from the SPOKE site by either using ACL or sinking (nul) routes. Be sure to only interven in the call path to/from UCM and the phones/gateway at the SPOKE site (otherwise, you won't be able to telnet/ssh to the device and that is bad, real bad). Anyway, what you want to know is:

a. Is the SPOKE gateway sending: (for direct calls)

- calling party: 68093500 (example)

(for redirect calls)

- calling party: variable

- redirecting party: 68093500 (example)

b. Is the HUB gateway receiving what the SPOKE is sending?  This is very key. Depending on the carrier and the market I have found that sometimes the redirecting party IE is stripped when it lands on the HUB. Though, the direct calls should work fine in all cases.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

http://ucguerrilla.com

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks Bill.

Its helped alot. I found that the Telco expect our VG to send them 4 digits only instead of full 8 digits.

SPOKE

Calling Party Number i = 0x0180, '68093015'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '68186222'

HUB

Calling Party Number i = 0x0183, '68093000'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '68186222'

Issue 2 is now resolve aswell using "Redirecting IE Number - Inbound".

Thanks again.

I have removed the translation rule #3 outbound. Caller ID now works properly on both ends. Also using alternate number in Unity Connection at the HUB site.

This fixed issue 1.