cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Participant

SRST ELIN Callback Translations

Looking for advice or best practice for this scenario.

We use CUCM and RedSky e911 Manager for normal operations to send emergency calls to our on-campus PSAP with appropriate ELIN information. RedSky handles the callback translations via CUCM.

I've implemented a CUBE 4431 point-to-point connection between HQ and PSAP so our designated emergency phones (connected to VG350s) can register SRST during a network outage. Now I need to handle callbacks. DNs and ELINs do not share a common pattern (i.e. extension 12345 - elin 911838483). We have over 300 device translations to apply. My first thought was to create translation rules for each number ( rule1 /12345/ /911838483/ ), but with a 100 rule limit per translation, this would mean multiple inbound dial-peers from PSAP to match at least four blocks of rules. Doable, but the call processing overhead concerns me.

Is there a better way to do this? Since the dial-peers are dynamically assigned as the SCCP devices register (destination-pattern 12345$), I can't pre-configure a second destination-pattern for each elin.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad