cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST T1 PRI auto-attendant

Denys Fontaine
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, We are going to install a new SRST ISR4351 on a site.

I am used to configuring remote sites with ISR43xx with FXO ports in H.323 and/or MGCP (we use both). I always use a "connection plar" to go to an auto-attendant (in H.323) and I use the "attendant DN" in CUCM in MGCP.

As we are using "auto-attendant DN" or "Connection Plar", we already have a CTI Route Point configured (Cisco Unity).

Now this new site is bigger and we are going to install a T1 PRI. The commerical PSTN line comes with 10 digits, but in my cluster, I use 7 completely different digits. How can I easily direct all calls to the auto-attendant?

Any help will be helpful, thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

1. SIP is the primary protocol these days but MGCP is still available as well. It's just H.323 that is dead.
  2. Be careful with Translation Pattern vs. Transformation Pattern as those are two different things in CUCM. Your description sounds correct although I would put the new Translation Patterns in a new Partition that only the gateway/trunk Incoming CSS has so you don't inadvertently mess with the internal dial plan behaviors of IP Phones.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if using MGCP you will need to use CUCM Translation Patterns on the incoming CSS of the PRI. If H.323 (reminder: this is EoL as of IOS-XE 17.6) you can also use a translation rule/profile on the gateway itself before the call is sent to CUCM

Hello, Thanks for the reply, and sorry for my English

2 points to clarify please

1 - Do I understand correctly that from version 17.6 (IOS of the router), only MGCP will be available?

2 - For the Transformation Pattern in MGCP: - If I configure the T1 PRI (with all the CSS,etc...) in (Call Routing Information - Inbound Calls) to accept "Significant Digits: 10", I must configure a translation pattern with these 10 digits (received from the PSTN called number) and in the "Called Party Transformations" configure the "Called Party Transformation Mask" has an internal 7-digit number such as a CTI Route Point? As simple as that?

Thanks again!

1. SIP is the primary protocol these days but MGCP is still available as well. It's just H.323 that is dead.
  2. Be careful with Translation Pattern vs. Transformation Pattern as those are two different things in CUCM. Your description sounds correct although I would put the new Translation Patterns in a new Partition that only the gateway/trunk Incoming CSS has so you don't inadvertently mess with the internal dial plan behaviors of IP Phones.