Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST with Enterprise Alternate Number of +e.164 Alternate Number in CUCM

williams.mark.m
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Due to a variety of reasons, but mainly for some on-net call plan normalization, I am looking to start implementing alternate numbers in CUCM and remove DIDs for my users as their primary extension.  In testing some configurations of this, when phones fall back into SRST due to a WAN failure, the extensions that they register with are only their primary extension; there is no reference to the alternate number as part of the failover.

I setup SRST manager in hopes that maybe that would grab the alternate number, but no such luck on that front either.  SRST Manager only pushes the primary extension down to the phones.  This includes using either Enterprise Alternate Number or +E.164 Alternate Number and adding it to the local route partition.

I know that I can setup alias's in call-manager-fallback, but this requires ongoing maintenance on the router and is limited if I hit larger sites that have more than 50 phones.  As some sites do not necessarily map cleanly for my dialplan, translation patterns are possible, but that could also add ongoing maintenance.

Is there a way in SRST/E-SRST and CUCM to have the Enterprise Alternate Number follow the phone into SRST?  I am imaging that it does not happen by default, if it is possible, because the phone doesn't actually know it has an alternate number because CUCM handles the info on the back end.  I am mainly looking to automate the process as much as possible in order to minimize router maintenance if and when there are any MACDs.

Thanks

Mark

Notes on environment:

CUCM 10.5

SRST Manager 11.0 (optional, but currently enabled for my test site)

Routers are primary 2900 series using call-manager-fallback (prior to SRST Manager).

Phones are mixed, but typically 7800 or 7900 series.  Testing with an 8800 series on SRST Manager in the lab just to see how SRST Manager handled fast track, but I did failover a live site which is running all 7800 series

Connection to PSTN is mixed between POTS and PRI

Connection from router to CUCM is SIP

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mark,

Did you get any where with this. I am in a position where I am deploying E164 diaplans with ESN numbers and I want to know if there is a way to get these numbers in SRST rather than having additional configurations.

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Ayodeji,

Unfortunately, I did not get anywhere.  I hoped that SRST manager would have something to allow this feature, but it did not and as such, I discontinued it's use.  Outside of that, for users requiring DIDs, I ended up making their DID their primary extension and putting an enterprise alternate number in to handle their extension.  While not the perfect solution, E 164 numbers are more important than local numbers in SRST to me, so that was my way of retaining them while still assigning two DNs.

Mark