cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST

brianschaefer
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco 7940's and 7960's with a 2821 router and CUCM 7.1.2. I was wondering where do the phones get the profile from in SRST mode? more specific, how do I change line appearences in SRST

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The phones use the line appearance which it has when registered to CM.  The phone has memory of this, so when it fails to SRST mode, it will use the same provisioning.  No provisioning is sent from SRST to the phone in regards to DNs/line appearances.  The phone actually sends the information to SRST.

The phone knows where to fallback to SRST for based on the SRST reference which is defined in CM for the device pool, and it is placed in the phone config file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The phones use the line appearance which it has when registered to CM.  The phone has memory of this, so when it fails to SRST mode, it will use the same provisioning.  No provisioning is sent from SRST to the phone in regards to DNs/line appearances.  The phone actually sends the information to SRST.

The phone knows where to fallback to SRST for based on the SRST reference which is defined in CM for the device pool, and it is placed in the phone config file.

I thought this would answer a question I had about inward dialing not working, but it didn't.  No fault to you though, you answered the question I asked.  I am going to post another if you want to watch for it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: