Views
Helpful
Replies

Standalone Music on Hold Server (8.6.2)

raymond00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Everyone!

I've currently got a spare MCS-7825-I3 that previously ran Unity Connect. Since virtualizing our CUCM environment we've been unable to play "live" MOH sources. I would like to create a standalone MOH server on the MCS-7825-I3 (with a MOH-USB-AUDIO= adapter). I've done some research and confirmed the MCS-7825-I3 can run CUCM 8.6.2. However, I searched the Software Center and was unable to find the appropriate download. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm all ears on suggestions and advice. Thanks as always!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, add is as sub, you don't really need Node license unless you are planning on starting CallManager service which would only be needed for call processing and it does not sound you want to use it for that reason. Simply start the voice media streaming service.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

raymond00
Level 1
Level 1

In continuing to reasearch, I found some documentation that suggested the CUCM package should include the appropriate files needed for a standalone server, however it was vague at best. Just thought I'd give an update. Thanks!

There is nothing special about building MOH server, you install it just like any other CUCM subscriber. You will need bootable media to kick off the installer, ideally the same version that you have on other servers, if you dont have that version you can perform an upgrade during the installation.

HTH,

Chris

That simple huh? So does the server need to be added as a subscriber to the cluster? I'm want to ensure I have all the proper licensing as well. Thanks!

Yes, add is as sub, you don't really need Node license unless you are planning on starting CallManager service which would only be needed for call processing and it does not sound you want to use it for that reason. Simply start the voice media streaming service.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

You've been a huge help. Thank you!