cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Standard and PRO license in pre 9.X

ichehouri
Level 2
Level 2

i have one customer having CUCM 8.0.3 and he have purchased standard and PRO licenses. currently he installed CUCM and unity connection clusters and PAKs are generated and did not install the presence servers (license comes with the CUWL)

if we are planning to upgrade CUCM to 9.1 and still the presence PAKs not generation is there any issue? can we still generate these licenses after the upgrade or they are not related?

regards,

Ibrahim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ibrahim,

Whenever u do major migration , u need to have current licenses for the existing version and upgraded license after u do migration.You need to follow this procedure.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ibrahim,

What u are trying to say is that customer had installed call manager and unity connection on version 8.0.3 and presence which was also on version 8.x was not installed? but you have got the PAKs for presence version 8 as well.

Now, the customer is migrating to call manager and unity connection 9 and would upgrade to presence 9 in future.Please confirm.

If u have UCSS  for call manager /UCXN/presence, then, u can go for upgrade licenses for all by ordering.

Secondly, u can generate the licenses for presence 9 later but still u need to install presence  8 first and then, go for upgrade.This is because u would get PAK codes for upgrades .

This is what I understand.

regds,

aman

Hi,

Actualy there is no plans now for the presence but there may be soon. There were several orders to this customer starting from 7.X to 8.X so we currently have presence PAKs with both 7.X and 8.X

What is the best approch in that

regards,

Ibrahim

Hi Ibrahim,

Whenever u do major migration , u need to have current licenses for the existing version and upgraded license after u do migration.You need to follow this procedure.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

if i have active UCSS, can i request cisco to provide the 7.X licenses as 8.X then install 8.X presence and after that plan the upgrade to 9.X?

regards,

Ibrahim

Hi Ibrahim,

You need to follow thus procedure:.

a. Generate the licenses for 7.x

b.You need to place order through PUT[Product Upgrade Tool].You would get the PAK codes. You can opt for E-Delivery.

c. the two PAK codes recieved in step b can be used to generate the license for 8 and 9.You can generate the licenses eiher on your own or write a mail to licensing@cisco.com[GLO]

regds,

aman