Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange problem with Cisco CP-8845-3PCC and Yeastar S50

paulhubert.com1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I Hope someone can help me with a strange problem. I recently buy a Cisco CP-8845-3PCC Phone as a replacement for the CP-7970G. The problem was, working from home; don't wanna have 2 phone's on my desk. The CP-7970G only could connect to 1 PBX, and for that reason I had an extra Linksys SPA942 on my desk with the lines from work. In the living room I have a SPA962 with 2 home lines, 1 work line, both work fine.

The technical details:

At Home: RasPBX (with 2 lines)
At Work: Yeastar S50 (Multiple lines) (I have 2 at home extension)
Cisco CP-8845-3PCC (Firmware: 11-3-2MPP0001) (Have try all versions) (Multiplatform you can compare it with the SPA series with web interface).

VPN site to site Connection between home and work, at work I have permission to the Voip Lan to connect to the Yeastar. At home I have a seperate VLAN for all Voip. Everything works fine, I can call with both SPA942 and 962 accept the CP-8845-3PCC.

I have followed the instructions of:
https://support.yeastar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000305848-Manually-Register-Cisco-SPA-Series-IP-Phone-to-Yeastar-S-Series-VoIP-PBX

All phones have the same settings (accept the 8845 have more than the older ones but leave it to default.) I only work with IPv4, disabled IPv6 on the phone.

On the Cisco CP-8845-3PCC all the lines register, 2 from home, 2 from work. People can call me from work, from outside, no problem, but I can't call out with the work lines. The home lines work perfectly but the work lines doesn't.

-All phones same network permissions at home
-All SPAxxx phones work perfectly, local and tru VPN s2s to work
-The CP-8845-3PCC register (green LED)
-The CP-8845-3PCC can receive incoming calls from work (tru VPN), with voice both directions, perfect quality. 
-The CP-8845-3PCC work lines doesn't work If I want to call out, I get a dial tone but after dialing the number get a not in use tone.

-The CP-8845-3PCC works perfect with home extensions on Asterisk 13 (UDP)
-If I apply the dialplan of Yealink "[x.]" or the one from the SPA962/42 both doesn't work If I want to call out. I Also had insert the dialplan of the SPA962.

(i) If I use TCP in case of UDP one of the two line will work, but the second line with the same settings won't register. Even with all firewall's off (even on the phone). I also have open all ports TCP/UDP from work to home to the IP-address of the phone in both sides. And another problem is, if I use TCP the other phones SPA962 and SPA942 doesn't register.

Am I missing something? Is there somewhere in the phone a settings that must be set different? Can anyone help me, thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, 

Difficult to know without actually looking at logs and configurations. 

If using UDP, try disabling all unnecessary codecs on the phone. 
Sometime, if you have all codecs enabled on MPP and are using UDP, the packet will get fragmented on the router. No reason why TCP wouldn't work though. 

Try disabling codecs and see if it works. 

Geovani

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, 

Difficult to know without actually looking at logs and configurations. 

If using UDP, try disabling all unnecessary codecs on the phone. 
Sometime, if you have all codecs enabled on MPP and are using UDP, the packet will get fragmented on the router. No reason why TCP wouldn't work though. 

Try disabling codecs and see if it works. 

Geovani

paulhubert.com1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Geovani,

After hours and hours of looking online, reading the admin manual, have try all possible options in the phone and firmware after firmware:

Thank you sooooooo much!

Kind regards,

Paul