cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Strip 9 Before Sending To Unity Connection

jsmcniel88
Level 4
Level 4

For incoming calls into CM i am prepending a 9 at the gateway so that when a user searches through call logs on their phone they do not have to edit dial a 9 for outside. The problem is when the call is sent to unity connection the number still shows the 9 infront.

Users with mobile phones that recived the voice mail in their email would like to be able to tap the number in the subject field and dial. Since there is a 9 prepended in front this does not work on external cell phones.

Is there a way to strip the 9 before it is sent to unity connection?

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you can try this

now you supposed to have a hunt pilot number/same number as voice mail profile pilot number

when users dial/transfer to unity they call this number using their CSS in the phone/line

what you can do is do not provide direct access to users to the hunt pilot number directly

however make it thorugh a tranlsation pattren and in that translation pattren make sure you add the pattren as the unity pilot number and partetion somthing phoes has access to and CSS somthing has access to the unity/huntlist pilot number

in ths calling number trsnformation put XXs to cover the calling number length with out the 9 for example if the number supposed to be 6 digits then put it as XXXXXX

but this has limitation as it will not reflect the right calling number of the call coming from  internation source

the better and other option is you can manipulate the call routing rules in unity connection

In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand

Call Management

, then expand

Call Routing

. For direct calls, click

Direct Routing Rules

. For forwarded calls, click

Forwarded Routing Rules. In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand Call Management, then expand Call Routing. For direct calls, click Direct Routing Rules. For forwarded calls, click Forwarded Routing Rules

your case is the forwarded routing rules make sure you carete new rule and do not change the defaulte ones if there is any issue with it you can simply delete it

there you can match on numbers start with 9 and remove the 9

HTH

are you sure that I can strip digits on the unity connection it self?

I cannot find it anywhere

I dont see where I can set a rule to strip a digit in Forward Routing Rules.