Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPI Driver

dpantarajakarta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I trying connect the CTI application using TAPI driver, Is there any way to parsing data except "phone number"? ie: "bank account number" from telephone?

thanks.

Dwi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The IVR application will need to pass this to your application, either in-band using DTMF during the transfer or some out of band mechanism. AFAIK the TSP does not provide a general data bus mechanism for passing variables.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your TAPI application would need to provide an IVR to collect this information from the caller. The CTI subscription is just call control (and media termination if using CTI Ports in addition to CRI Route Points). Same level of data exposure the a desk phone would have/need.

hi,

actually I work at CTI side, and I work together with Cisco partner team to make connection between IVR and CTI application.

for every incoming call and outgoing call, cisco use call manager to handle it. and they said CM can parsing data "phone number" only to the CTI if using TAPI driver.

what I need is, ie: before user talk with the customer service they will handle by IVR first and IVR will lead the user to press bank account number and then continue to talk with customer service,

so every incoming call customer service can get bank account number when greeting the user, not just phone number.

is it possible?

thanks.

The IVR application will need to pass this to your application, either in-band using DTMF during the transfer or some out of band mechanism. AFAIK the TSP does not provide a general data bus mechanism for passing variables.

Hi,

thanks for your explanation, its very helpfully.