cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telco forwarding digits

hunleyb
Level 1
Level 1

Got an easy one I need help on.  I have a Call Manager Express setup and we are switching service providers for our PRI.  I need to know how many digits to tell the service provider to forward to us.  How do I go about finding that out?  Thanks.

10 Replies 10

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

This will depend on the incoming voice translation rules that you have in place on your CME. If you post the config here, we should be able to work it out easily enough.

Barry

Here is the config.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How many digits are your DNs right now??

Are they DIDs?

Do they overlap?

If you have any debugs from the old telco you can look at the setup message to find out.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hunleyb
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the config...

Hi,

If you can post the ephone-dn configuration section, it would be easy to tell the number of digits your phones can receive.

Regards.

Hi

As Chaun says, there's no ephone-dn configuration section in here to give you a 100% answer, however as far as I can see, you've got no inbound translation rules that do any digit manipulation so it's pretty certain that the number of digits you are currrently receiving will match the number of digits on your extensions.

If you want to be absolutely certain on the CME unit do the following from a telnet / ssh session:

term mon

debug isdn q931

Then place a call into your phone system. You should see the incoming call, and will see the calling and called number in the trace (from memory without looking at a debug in front of me the called number comes second). The number of digits you see in the debug will be what your telco is forwarding you.

Hope this helps. Barry

Here is the output from the debug and the ephone dn configuration.

here we go:

Progress Ind i = 0x8483 - Origination address is non-ISDN
        Calling Party Number i = 0x2183, '2076556600'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
        Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '6551745'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)

Your current Telco is sending you 7 digits - assuming this is showing an inbound call.

Barry

Hi,

You can tell your provider to send 10 digits, or use the following translation rule:

voice translation-rule 100
rule /^\([1-9].*\)/ /207\1/
!
voice translation-profile FromPSTN-Prefix-Add
translate called 100
!
dial-peer voice 1700 pots
translation-profile incoming FromPSTN-Prefix-Add

Cheers.

Hi,

The third option, probably the easiest, is to remove the preixf 207 in your ephone-dn configuration. For example:

ephone-dn  1  dual-line
number 200 secondary 6551700

Cheers.