Views
Helpful
Replies

Testing a DRS restore?

s.clinard
Level 5
Level 5

Good Morning NetPros,

Has anyone successfully tested a DRS restore, CUCM version 7.1.3, without affecting production? I would like to be confident that the DRS backups generated are actually going to work if a restore procedure is ever needed. Now that I have had consistent backups for a good amount of time, this is something I'd be curious if anyone has done.

Would I be able to perform a restore on production servers without requiring services to restart? Would it require a restart of the server?

It's probably best to perform this on a test system, however I am not afforded the luxury of that : )

Thanks,

Shane

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cannot do this on a production system without affecting service.

1) It requires a reboot

2) You lose any data from when the backup was performed and then restored

If you do not have a test system, I would recommend getting a fresh backup in the evening then doing an immediate restore and getting everything back up and running.

Yes, you should typically do this on a test system.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You cannot do this on a production system without affecting service.

1) It requires a reboot

2) You lose any data from when the backup was performed and then restored

If you do not have a test system, I would recommend getting a fresh backup in the evening then doing an immediate restore and getting everything back up and running.

Yes, you should typically do this on a test system.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks David, that's the response I was looking for. I appreciate your time.

Shane

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: