Views
Helpful
Replies

The CUCM publisher not synchronized with ELM

Abzal Abdimanov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

We have one C220 server and installed Vmware 5.0. Than we have installed  one CUCM (pubilsher) as VM on Vmware and added liecnses to ELM. CUCM and ELM are co-located. CUCM worked normally during a year. But after power cycle the server  VMware was not loaded. Then we installed hypervisor with keeping VM disks. After that CUCM can not synchronized with ELM. And we can not access to ELM with our username. But we can access to CUCM OS Administration wtih this username. The CUCM Administration display error: Unsupported partitions unaligned and attention about: The system has not synchrounized with ELM. Can you help us?

12 Replies 12

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Abzal,

I am not sure whether you have used the correct OVA while rebuilding the CUCM server.

To resolve "partitions unaligned" issue, you need to do the following:

- Take backup of CUCM

- use the correct OVA template for your CUCM version to deploy VM on hypervisor

- Install CUCM server

- Restore backup

HTH

Rajan

Hi Rajan.

Thanks for your answer.

But we have installed this ova on two difference servers as VM. On other server CUCM works normally. And I can not take backup file from this CUCM. CUCM shows error when I tried to backup. I tried to take backup on second CUCM with same PC and  same SFTP programm and backup process on second server finished successfully.  Recently I have tried to disable interrupt remapping on VMware. But result is same.

Post the output of below two commands from CLI along with the exact name of OVA that you deployed:

show version

show hardware

Regards

Deepak

Hi Abzal

In addition to what Deepak has asked,did u enter correct OS credentials while creating product instance for ELM.

regds

aman

[+5] to Aman that is a very valid point since you need the OS credentials while adding the product instance opposed to Admin Credentials that you use while logging into ELM.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak and Aman. Thanks for your answer.

I can not access to CUCM CLI username incorrect, but I can access to CUCM OS Administration with this username and password.

That does not make sense . Credentials to SSH into CUCM server and the one you use to login into CUCM OS Administration are exactly the same.

Regards

Deepak

Hi, I know that OS Administration username and CLI username are same. But I can access to OS administration, but I can not access to CLI with this username. I do not know, what is this problem and how fix this problem. If I will remove CUCM and reinstall it, can I get license file for new CUCM from Cisco?

CUCM has some MGCP gateways with FXO ports.

- Ports, that we configured before this problem, worked correctly.

- I can configure other ports, that I did not configure before this problem, but they state is Unregistered - because CUCM not synchrounized with ELM. 

- If I connect new phone line to normally worked port than save and aplly config, call goes to previous internal number (attendand dn).

Have u installed ELM on separate server ?

you can get the license files from licensing team.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman

The CUCM and ELM are co-located.

Hi ,

can u share snapshot of OS administration from GUI after u successfully login and from putty as well which shows error?

regds,

aman

seems u are doing some mistake.

can u check whether u are using the same username for ELM which u get when run the  command "show myself" after u login through OS administration?

admin:show myself
Machine Name    : CUCM-PUB
account name    : CCMAdministrator
privilege level : 4
command count   : disabled
logging setting : disabled

regds,

aman