cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of Day Calls to VM

dtom
Level 1
Level 1

Currently the main number at SchoolA dn – 12345 rings on 4 phones (off mgr, off Assist, receptn, attend) and never goes to voice mail.  Now they want the phones to go to vm after 5:00pm.

I have setup the following:

Time Period:

Business-TP – 7:30an to 5:00pm

NonBusiness1-TP – 5:00pm to 12:00am

NonBusiness2-TP – 12:00am to 7:30am

Time Schedule:

BusinessHrs-TS à Business-TP

NonBusinessHrs-TS à NonBusiness1-TP/NonBusiness2-TP

Partitions:

SchoolA-BusinessHrs-PT à BusinessHrs-TS

SchoolA-NonBusinessHrs-PT à NonBusinessHrs-TS

That’s as far as I have gotten.  Now how do I assign this to the directory number – 12345 and make it go to vm after 5:00pm?

1 Reply 1

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Try this:-

1. Create two DN's in both the partitions. Eg.:- 12345 in SchoolA-BusinessHrs-PT and 12345 in SchoolA-NonBusinessHrs-PT

2. In the 12345 extension in SchoolA-NonBusinessHrs-PT partition, create a call forward all to voice mail. (Check the CFA to VM checkbox in the DN page).

3. In all other phone's and gateway's CSS which should be able to reach 12345 extension, put SchoolA-BusinessHrs-PT  on op of the partition list and SchoolA-NonBusinessHrs-PT at the second place.

4. Now since CSS is an ordered list of partitions, during business hours, other phones CSS will have  12345 extension in partition SchoolA-BusinessHrs-PT at the top of the list. Hence calls will ring 12345. But during off business hours, SchoolA-BusinessHrs-PT partition will no longer be available due to time schedule being assigned to it. Hence now partition SchoolA-NonBusinessHrs-PT containing 12345 will be accessible to other phones wich is already configured for CFA to VM. Hence calls outside business hours should go to VM.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS: Pl rate helpful posts