cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of Day Routing CCM 6.1

hunleyb
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the scenario I need help with.  I am running CCM 6.1 and Unity 5.0. I have a user that needs to have her line automatically forwarded during non-business hours to an external answering service.  I know you can do this with time of day routing or through Unity also I believe.  A user has a DID extesion of 2660 on her phone.  I need it to ring her phone during the hours of 8am-4:30 M-F.  I have created the following time periods:

BusinessHours - M-F 8:00-1630

Non_Business_Hours - M-F 1630-2400

Non_Business_Hours1 - M-F 0000-0800

Weekends - Sat-Sun 0000 - 2400

I then created two time schedules:

XXX_Open (added BusinessHours time period to this one)

XXX_Closed (addedd the other 3 time periods to this one)

I then created two partitions:

PT_XXX_Open - I applied the XXX_Open Time Schedule to this partition

PT_XXX_Closed - I applied the XXX_Closed Time Schedule to this partition

I get that far and that's when things start getting a little confusing.  I know that I'm supposed to created a Calling Search Space next, but which partitions needed to be added to that CSS.

Finally, where does CCM know to forward any calls for ext 2660 to an outside number after business hours.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You add both partitions to the CSS and configure 2 DNs with the same number (2660), one in each partition.

Configure the behavior you want for each DN.

CUCM doesn't know anything, you need to configure what you want to do. ie a CTI RP with CFA to external, a translation pattern, etc

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You add both partitions to the CSS and configure 2 DNs with the same number (2660), one in each partition.

Configure the behavior you want for each DN.

CUCM doesn't know anything, you need to configure what you want to do. ie a CTI RP with CFA to external, a translation pattern, etc

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate