Views
Helpful
Replies

Time of Day routing

jehanke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a solution for a time of day routing problem. We have a couple of numbers which should only at special business hours be reachable from extern. Outside this business hours, external callers should be directed to a secretary. But internal they must be reachable every time. The phone extension is the same in both cases. Is it possible to do the intern / extern differentiation with time of day routing? We use cucm 7.1 with a H.323 gateway.

Thanks for Comments

Jens

5 Replies 5

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is possible by using different partition / Calling Search Space for internal / External call.

On top of this , you can use the Callmanager feature "time of the day" routing where the partitions are only valid at a specific time during the day.

Understanding Time-of-Day Routing

Time-of-Day routing comprises individual time periods that the  administrator defines and groups into time schedules. The administrator  associates time schedules with a partition. In the Partition  Configuration window, the administrator chooses either the time zone of  the originating device or any specific time zone for a time schedule.  The system checks the chosen time zone against the time schedule when  the call gets placed to directory numbers in this partition. The Time  Period and Time Schedule menu items exist in the Route Plan menu under  the Class of Control submenu. The Partition and Calling Search Space  menu items also have moved to the Class of Control submenu.

Pierre.

Hi

Creat two partitions

Business-Hours-PT :
       Extensions which area reachable during Business Hours

NonBusiness-Hours-PT :
       Secretary Extensions

Create Time Schedule,Time Period under Routing--->Class Of Control,
Assign the created Timeschedule to the Business-Hours-PT, and select the Timezone

Put both these partitons in the CSS group of the gateway where External Calls Reaches your Network.

But I hope your Question is like the Extensions which are in the Business-Hours-PT, should be able to reach anytime if any Internal Extension calls, If I am not wrong ???

If that is the question, then you must have another Same Similar Extensions which are in Different Parttion, which should be available in the CSS Group of the Secretary Phone.

Hi Folks,

thanks for your replies. The point is, that these "special" extensions must be reachable from internal callers any time. They must also be able to dial other extensions intern and extern any time. The difference is that these extensions should only during business hours be reachable from extern. Outside business hours, external callers should be directed to a secretary.

If I use TOD with two partitions, partition 1 with normal call routing for business hours with a scheduler and partition 2 with a call forward all to the secretary for non Business Hours, I'm unsure whether the extensions would be reachable from internal callers during non Business Hours (because of the call forward all).

Regarding the use of different CSS, I have no idea how this would help.

Hi

Check Whether this could help your scenario,

What my suggestion would be like, if these Special Extensions shud be able to reach during Non-Business-Hours is by having similar

Extension,

You can also have Extension-Mobility Feature which willl allow you to have the same extensions with Different Partition say (EXT-MOB-PT)

This could be assigned to the CSS Groups of all Internal Phones,

The Only thing these Special Extension Users have to do is, they have to login in any phone which have this Extension-Mobility-Service Enabled.

Once they login, they will get the same Extensions, but with partition (EXT-MOB-PT)

INTERNAL-PHONES-CSS :

------Business-Hours-PT

------EXT-MOB-PT

------ALL-OTHER-INTERNAL-PT

GATEWAY CSS:

------Business-Hours-PT

------NonBusiness-Hours-PT

SECRETERY-PHONE-CSS:

------EXT-MOB-PT

------Business-Hours-PT

------ALL-OTHER-INTERNAL-PT

You could use the following link for Extension Mobility usage.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_0_1/ccmfeat/fsem.html

This Above Scenario could work, if the External callers call directly the Secretary Phone during Non-Business-Hours, But am not sure why you use CFWALL for Partition 2

All this time My thinking of the Scenario is

During Business Hours :

External Callers------>Special User Extensions

During Non-Business-Hours:

External Calllers--------->Secretary--------->Special User Extensions.