cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time Stamp on .wav file missing

rcamenzuli
Level 1
Level 1

We are running Unity Connection 10.5, a brand new install. 

For the first couple of when a voice mail came in and an email is generated the .wav file had a time stamp.VM_2016.01.14_09.43.57.wav, a couple of days ago the format changed to VoiceMessage.wav.

How can I restore the format to have the time stamp.

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

This modification is not possible. The name for all voice messages and audio attachments from unity are named the same way and this is system design parameter. You can change or customize the Subject Line Format of the message header on email, but not the audio file name.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/10x/administration/guide/10xcucsagx/10xcucsag110.html#pgfId-1104259

Manish

I may have not been specific enough,

When we first set up Unity Connection the format of the .wav file was VM_2016.01.14_09.43.57.wav, I did not specifically set it up this way but that is how it would arrive as an attachment in outlook. 

A few days ago the format changed to VoiceMessage.wav., it was pointed out to me by one of the users. I have made no changes. 

So obviously the system is capable of putting a time stamp on the file and I am wondering two things 1, why would it change without any input from me and 2. how can I change it back?

From what i could find out this is not possible to be changed, if no one else confirms on this post you may check with TAC for confirmation.

Manish