Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tracing a call

Hi im having a problem with some calls, a can call to a location A, but i cant call to other one B, both of them have to go through the same router, a 2600

I use debug 225 events and debug 245 events, when i place a sucesfull call to A i can see the setup and the release, but when i call to B there is no records, not even unsucesfull ones, am i using the right commands or the call its being stopped before?

The problem is that a lot of devices int between are not managed by meso i want to find out where the call stops.

Thanks in advance

Cesar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok I think I understand now.  You have verified the call leaves Spain out a PRI to Egypt but you want to verify it arrives there.  The easiest thing to do is a "debug isdn q931" to find which gateway the call arrives on.  From there if it's an H323 gatewy a good debug is "debug voip ccapi inout".

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you elaborate on the call flow please?  Are phone's A and B both registered to the same call manager/call manager express?  If you don't see the call hitting the gateway then I would step back and take a look at the other phone, check it's calling search space to make sure it can reach the right route pattern to go out the gateway, etc.

Hi, actually is a long / multiple vendors call flow

I originate the call in a cisco phone located in spain, this go to an avaya pbx, then to a siemens one, then it goes through a PRI/E1 to egypt, i can follow the call to here, i can check that goes out to the PRI channel in our side, in spain, i dont know where arrives in egypt , or how many devices go througt, but it has to go through a device controlled by me before reach the final destination, so i was wanting to be sure that i was doing the right debug in my device, in egipt ,in order to prove the guy who manages the Egypcian part that he is losing the call so we have to troubleshoot his devices

Thanks a lot

Cesar

Ok I think I understand now.  You have verified the call leaves Spain out a PRI to Egypt but you want to verify it arrives there.  The easiest thing to do is a "debug isdn q931" to find which gateway the call arrives on.  From there if it's an H323 gatewy a good debug is "debug voip ccapi inout".

Thanks a lot, didnt fix the problem but i was able to found out that was someones else problem

thanks a lot!!!!